Friday, June 25, 2010

namaste: árbol de la vida

this is my newest little project!
el árbol de la vida/namaste
[tree of life] shirt, for my yoga practice

via zazzle, i will be printing this t-shirt
just like i did with the Gatos' t-shirts last year
from an original photo, i am creating this
shirt version graphic

i took the photo of my neighbor's tree back in 2006
during Christmas time, i love this tree 'cause
i see it every day! so it will be great to take it with me
and wear it close to my heart while practicing yoga

here the original photo i took



and here after a couple of Photoshop tweaks
ready to be printed on a comfortable tee
i only have to check that the Sanskrit spelling is correct!

5 comments:

the thilo said...

Very good work Frau Bere!!!

the thilo said...

Oh Frau Bere,
Mexico is now playing vs. Argentina.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for Mexico!
Viva la Mexicooooo!!! :)

bereweber said...

ah!! vielen Dank Herr Thilolito!!

ja ja, i am watching the game right now... and hey!!! Alemania (Deutschland in Spanish) did a great job this morning vs. England!! great game, i watched it all the 4 gols

Frau Kitty and Herr Gato sind glücklich!! they are with Germany 'cause of their names ;)

Georg said...

Hola Berenice,

Just had a look at the gato T-shirts. Beautifully made. And the tree will be very impressive, too.

But what means namaste? Something like "Hi" in Hindi language?

My favorite tree is the cedar, those very big fir trees where the top hangs a bit down. There must be some in your area though they come originally from Lebanon.

Georg

bereweber said...

hola herr Georg, YES Namaste means Hello in Sanskrit, but also among "Yogis" has a deeper meaning, something like:

"The light in me sees the light in you" and/or "I salute the God within you." and/or "I bow to you." is something like an spiritual smile... here more
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namaste#Meanings_and_interpretation

and yes! Cedar trees are beautiful! i love their shapes, and of course their smell, but almost any tree for that matter, huh? seems that Nature never creates anything ugly, not even those sea monsters ;)

Namaste to you Herr Georg!