Saturday, February 17, 2007

café with press pot

while my aunt was here
I got a french press pot for just $7.99!
the jar glass is not very thick but it holds the heat nicely
but the colander/filter is great
a stainless steel mesh
nothing for breakfast as press pot coffee
it just taste 'earthier' than the dripping method

I also found this mexican peaberry,
that trader joe's (the best grocery store in the world!) has
just $5.99 the can, sadly, a limited edition
I usually like darker roasts, especially for espresso
and in the winter... but this mexican peaberry with medium roast
is, as you can read from the can, bright, smooth, and sweet... sweet!

the hope of a new day, comes along with the smell of a nice cup of coffee
no matter how dark some nights can be...
just have to remember, there will always be another day
arriving with a new morning, and if lucky with a nice cup of coffee
the morning coffee is a sign of a fresh start, everyday...

6 comments:

alberto centurion basso said...

I remember very well my first french-press experience. Thanks for showing me the real deal, Bere bere... A fresh day begins with fresh coffee.

Anonymous said...

yo nunca he sido muy de café, acá en monterrey no se usa mucho. además me pone hipernervioso, ya que soy nervioso por default!
me gustó mucho la segunda foto, con la sombra de la persiana :]

bereweber said...

hola beto! me pregunto si tu 1era experiencia sera la misma que la mía! en la casita con los Cantú en el HRC, antes ya había visto estas cafeteras, pero tomaba café...

como tu jaime, y creo que el café es como todo, creas tolerancia y addición heh heh

que gusto verlos por aqui leyendo mis tonterías :) gracias!

bereweber said...

ah! y si jaime, también me gusto la sombra y ademas era el sol de la mañana... ah

alberto centurion basso said...

Hmmm, pues mi 'primera vez' (jejeje) fué en la casita HRC, y si mal no recuerdo usted fué quien me invitó a cup of hot black water de esa cafeterita tan linda-lin... vaya, con que resulta que comparto una primer experiencia con doña Weber :) Joy

bereweber said...

oh si beto! entonces por los mismos días! si eramos primerizos, heh heh, esos días de la casita, ahora los recuerdo tan lejanos, y los arquitectos del segundo piso y sus reventones de los viernes, te acuerdas?