Sunday, February 18, 2007

happy chinese new year

Chinese New Year starts with the New Moon on the first day of the new year and ends on the full moon 15 days later.

camera: nikkormat EL, film: FujiFilm Reala ISO 100
look closer...
flor at home, I planted this plant back in September 2006
it was doing fine, but in my vacation to Autlan, it became dry
since I came back I have been watering it more often
and added some plant food
the stems still seem dry, but a couple of days ago
it surprised me with a new lovely purple flower
this photo is from last Thursday, by today it has already another 3 flowers
it is still a new year, at least for the plant & the chinese!
hope that the moon brings you wishes to reality soon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A small but strong living thing. Amazing. We need to water and nurture ourselves and small living things around us with lots of water and lots of nutrients.All it takes is a small amount of care. That changes many things a lot. Good job, Bere to revive the small plant. I haven't planted for a long time. I am so caught by school. Hope to finish it as soon as possible. This quarter I am really having tough time, not only the amount of units I have but also the type of classes I have. So boring classes. Glad to go back to P-Chem world next quarter. I feel I am watered in P-chem class. :-)

the thilo said...

Children of september don't need much...
But love. :)
You do have a green thumb. Hehe.

bereweber said...

oh lisa, i am sure you'll come out with victory out of all your studying effort, like the little flower you will have a re-birth, but enjoy while working hard too!, it is important to find a balance between living the present and planning for the future...

and yes thilo, you do know on september childer, eh? a libra the little plant too... yes! they do need care & love much love too :)