Thursday, December 14, 2006

seeing through

i used to send pieces of stnd poetry, to a friend writer that lives in NY, in case he could publish me one day... i found one piece from over a year ago, it is not fiction. if you see closer at the picture (usually the series of stnd poetry come w/a picture) you can see some veins; and behind the camera, the bones did show, as well... oh hell!
---------------------------------------------------------------
last night got amazed by the transparency of my flesh
my ten fingers’ own tissue, cartilages, capillaries,
little tubes the veins
even the sturdy bones were translucent!

i was reading this japanese abe
with a light over my head
the little lamp’s so intense
with that sort of beam that burns
the some-hair left on your tired head
sometimes too warm for the summer
over-heats your brain
anyway, all was ok

but then i extended my arm on top of my head
in a stretching tired sign of my agedness
the light behind my fingers’ flesh
revealing plenty of veins and transparent lode of myself

last night i saw my fingers’ veins
my internal touchable self

felt the weakness
of this body
again

No comments: