Thursday, April 14, 2011

42



we all already know that 42 is the
"Ultimate Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything"
as Deep Thought pointed on
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

but also 42 is the number of Earth years
that i become today...

yeah! already 42 & thankfully for being alive today
and smiling

it has been a 'regular' day
i came to work and even if parties haven't been planned
i did get to eat some birthday cake
my friend Rebecca at work just came back from New York City
and she brought me a little cupcake from the infamous
Magnolia bakery in NYC
that works as my b-day cake today...



i only wish for my life to keep on being this mellow
& good, i have a semi-OK health
but i have a job, semi-OK too, but at least i design there
a lovely mother and family
two terrific furry companions
many wild birds that visit me every morning & evening
a place to practice yoga
and i live in one of the cities with best weather
in the world!

ah also, i have some white hairs already
but no plans to die my hair... not just yet



so i am lucky! and i am 42 too
Happy Birthday to me!

12 comments:

D.I. Felipe González said...

Pues ¡Feliz Cumpleaños Bere!

Queremos pastel...

bereweber said...

ahhh muchas gracias mi Don Felipe!

yo también quiero pastel o una de esas carnes asadas como la que pusiste en tu blog del Domingo :)))

por cierto, sigo tu blog, me encantó la foto que tienes de cuando eras chiquito!

D.I. Felipe González said...

Bienvenida al club de los 42 años. A todos les ha gustado mi foto con el robot de cuando era chiquito.

Te mando una carne asada virtual.

janet h said...

i randomly landed on your blog! but HAPPY BDAY! :D hope you had a wonderful day!

Smorg said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!!! That cake looks good. I hope you had a good time demolishing it (did los gatos help?). ;o)

And, there is nothing wrong with grey hair indeed. I think it gives women a certain glow... You had to earn those grey. Better enjoy it a bit, ay? :oD (I'm still waiting for my salt & pepper look... At the moment the salt is still hiding around the temples).

I'm sorry I haven't been in touch of late. I'm rarely home anymore. Heading out north of town again today and won't be back until the 26th. If I'm lucky I might be back to catch the last performance of Faust... Keeping fingers and toes crossed. Are you and your mom going?

Hugs and loads of good wishes,
Smorgy :o)

bereweber said...

@janet h
hola janet, i am glad you randomly found my blog! thank you so much for your lovely comment... i just peruse around your blog a little and realized that you are learning German and Spanish, hats off to you! I took two Semesters of German and was pulling my hair off, it's a rather hard language! Deutsch ist schwer, seltsam und manchmal ein wenig langweilig, meinst du nicht?

@misterSmorg

hola mister Smorg, thank you so much for checking in and your lovely note... we still have to meet, and no worries on the being in touch, you know sometimes i disappear for weeks too, i guess real life takes over virtual life easily, huh?

can't wait to meet you to start evaluating that salt & pepper look, ha ha

and Faust, yeah!!! i haven't been to the opera in so long & as you know i really want to give San Diego Opera a try since it's so famous! Faust would be great! i am not sure if "La Cabalgata de las Valkirias" de Wagner is still going on the Balboa Theater but i really hope i can join you or see Faust, now that would be something cool to watch... i was a fan of Gustave Doré illustrations for the book, diabolically amazing! ;)

Dr. Jay SW said...

Happy three days after your birhday!!!!

(Better late than never?)

DutchMonki said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so late- I wish you all the best in the coming year and beyond...

Geisslein said...

Oh I wish you a HAPPY (belated now, sorry) BIRTHDAY too and of course all the best for the coming year! I hope you had a fantastic day. And I agree with you, 42 is shurely a great age...I´ll let you know next month, when I turn into 42 as well :o)
Sending you a BIG HUG from germany!
geisslein

bereweber said...

Dr. Jay!
Monki!
Geisslein!

thank you!
gracias!
und vielen Dank!

for your lovely words and wishes... with these eFriends is totally worth it to get old :)

eHugs back to you all from San Diego

bere

the thilo said...

Happy Easter!

http://vari.antville.org/stories/2058055/ :)

bereweber said...

ahh how cute Herr Thilo!
Frohe Ostern! for you too
meow!!