Monday, August 30, 2010

the last Saturday of August

this past Saturday good feeling
lined up for me
i went back to yoga after almost 3 weeks...
it was great to stretch the body, the mind
and overall, the soul
later....
i had lunch at my favorite bakery
Bread & Cie, a roasted eggplant & feta cheese sandwich



i never saw the bottom of the paper bags, lovely motto!


later i went to pick up some film photos 35mm
that i took a while ago with my old Nikkormat
a 1972 Japanese camera
here a sample, even if digital cameras are so convenient
i still love the feel of a developed film, the grain
the texture, the contrasts, there are somethings that
technology cannot fool



to top my lovely Saturday, i went to the movies!
i used to go to the movies so often before
these days i watch more DVDs or movies on my computer
just like with cameras, nothing tops the rush of watching
a movie on the big screen...

now it's Monday and i had to work
the memories of that lovely day are just that
memories, and a post on the blog now... ah sighs...

i choose Christopher Nolan's Inception
as i wrote on Facebook:
from the strange, brilliant, and confusing mind of Christopher Nolan, i watched Inception tonight... as i tweeted, you'll either love it or will get a strong headache... if you like Christopher Nolan films, watch Following, his 1st film, noir noir and probably still the best one, Inception is pretty close too, i personally liked it

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Like the bottom of the bag pic .. and I miss film too :)

Glad you are feeling better.

Linda

bereweber said...

thank you Linda

hey! have you been to Bread & Cie.? maybe we should go soon! let me know :)

Unknown said...

Yes, I have been to Bread & Cie & Yes, we should go soon.

I'll let you know a good day & time.

Διάττων said...

Good that you manage to find time for the movies dear Berenice (DVDs or going to the cinema)...

And another thing. I noticed the photo with the motto at the bottom of the bag. Writing this i want to say that i like the persons who are observant...

My best wishes always to you dear Berenice...