Sunday, November 08, 2009

grasshopper's back



another visit of mister grasshopper
these days grasshoppers visit less
they are careful 'cause of the cats and many birds

this gorgeous one, who i had to rescue from
herr Gato' fauces, who was playing with it
appeared this weekend

i grabbed him and placed him on the palm
where i've seen little holes afterward
meaning he's been around and munching on it

the close up shows his thorn-like back legs
& for me, it's always a pleasure to see my old
friends the grasshoppers around



hope you had a lovely weekend

5 comments:

D.I. Felipe González said...

My cat, Miguelón, ate a chapulín last night. Yummy.

the thilo said...

Please say hello to Mr. Grasshopper! :)
Big hug!!!

Georg said...

Bonjour Berenice,

Good photos, splendid close-ups. Best wishes to Mr. Grashop, from Georgyporgy, too.

This morning, something terrible happened. Right in front of my car a squirrel crossed the road. I did not brake because the little fellow was about 3 or 4 feet away and would have made it easily. Then suddenly it turned and run back straight into the tyres. I felt and heart the shock.............

Georg

bereweber said...

querido D.I. Felipe, que gusto verte por acá!! ah y conque Miguelón es tragón de chapulínes, que malo, eh? pero me gustó el nombre, espero estén bien, y a ver cuando les caigo en el D.F.

ah herr Thilolito, sure thing! salutes to Frau Kitty and Mr. Grasshopper

ahh herr Georgyporgy, too sad on the poor squirrel, i am sure you felt so sad! but hey! you have confessed so i hope you feel better, once time, long ago in Mexico City i hit a dog with my car, since i was really slow nothing too bad happened to him, but it was an awful feeling, i still remember, one of my biggest fears in life is to ever run-over somebody, thank God nothing worse than the doggy has happened, i am sure the squirrel is in squirrel heaven so macht keine Sorge ;)

Smorg said...

You really have a way of shooting these critters, Berenice! :o) I haven't seen a grasshopper up close in a long while. You make me want to go and roll around on the lawn! :oD

Hope all is going hoppingly well!
Smorgy :o)