Monday, April 20, 2009

little Hunter



the black-N-white kitty
surprised me on Sunday morning
with a little 'gift'

she rushed in the house
carrying a feathered bulk in her mouth
by the time I realized what it was,
I already had a dead bird by my feet!



It was a disturbing movement
The shock of the little dead bird there
(I feed and love birds)
Against miss Kitty’s joyful and fervent face
She was celebrating her (1st?) killing victory
And I was just sad to see the dead bird
Couldn’t really scold her since
It’s on her nature to be a little Hunter
But I am still shocked to learn
That such a lovely tender small creature
As Frau Kitty is
Can become in any second
An assassin!

In spite of my horror,
I allowed her to play a little with her prey
and then I buried it on a dirt patch
outside my house
showing her where it was
so she wouldn't go crazy looking for it

the whole episode brought to mind
this irresistible song
By another controversial feminine figure
Beautiful and dangerous too, petite female:
señorita Björk

I'm going hunting, I'm the hunter. I'll bring back the goods…



Ps. and later that warm afternoon
I walked in with a Greek Grilled Chicken Salad
she gave me a stare, like saying:
"at least I killed my own bird"

5 comments:

Smorg said...

Oy! That B&W hunter is a sparrow-muncher! :o)

I can totally relate with your plight, I think. I think the bird probably didn't feel much, though. It's the mice I'd feel bad about when one of the cats I belonged to would go after them... Who say only humans play with our food, ay? :oP

Hope you're enjoying the cooler weather! It's so nice outside now!

Cheerio,
Smorgy :o)

alberto centurion basso said...

I guess all living creatures can turn into an assassin all of a sudden, that's a bit sad...
But as you said, it is in the kitty kat's nature, so good for him!

As for 2 legged animals that kill another living creature for whatever reason, they might burn in hell one day...

bereweber said...

ha! mister Smorg, you made me laugh with the 'not only humans play with our food', indeed the kitty was more excited playing with it than actually eating it, I guess since she eats all that cat food beforehand...

and yes! dear Al, amazing how we can all 'transform', I have made of acts of transforming myself when anger comes... I guess that's yet another difference between humans and animals (well, the few of us that can differentiate now & then ;) heh heh) that we know how to 'control' our emotions, right? que gusto de verlo por aca sr. Beto con los gatos estos pues que me traen rete ocupada...

Georg said...

Hallo Berenice,

Naturally I know Beck's Beer but what is the next bottle? It looks like holy water from a place like Lourdes.

And why did you add a thermometer? Is it eadible, like Pfefferkuchen? Your cat looks like "Félix the Cat" (did I say this already, somewhere?

At least, on thing is sure: the salad not only looks good but makes me hungry as well. But beer, salad and holy water: is this a Berenice-diet?

Georg

bereweber said...

LOL with the holy water diet herr Georg, but you know??? you got it! apart from Beer (which is like holy water) I do ingest my does of 'holiness' daily, just to keep the heavens in peace heh heh

the 'edible' thermometer is actually an wooden incense holder... and what it looks like a container of holy water is actually a Mexican candle with a stamp of a Virgin Mary, and yep! probably the Virgin is from the Lourder apparitions

but i do like your idea of a diet with beer, salad, and holy-water

maybe i will create my own cult, we already have the diet, we have to decide on the rest of the rules of the cult... ideas accepted heh hhe