Tuesday, March 20, 2007

kiyoaki

as yesterday
i have a new friend/pet/roommate!
he is from Singapore
and his name is Koyaki
short name: Kiyo

i named him Kiyo
because of a book that Lisa gave me
Spring Snow by Yukio Mishima
Kiyo was this young character
a beautiful japanese adolescent
as this Kiyo, the fish,
is beautiful too, the name fits him



Kiyo is a peach-colored betta fish
with a Half-Moon tail
i will try to get a picture when he expands his tail
it's beautiful!

oh, i really like my new friend
and I got him a live plant for his fish-bowl
even he doesn't move around that much
as a cat or a dog, but sadly i am allergic to those bigger pets

welcome little Kiyo to my world ;)

4 comments:

alberto centurion basso said...

Cute friend! And a nice name he has. A fish is always good company. I remember you had one before in the same bowl, what happened to him? We had for sometime Japanese turtles (Ronnie & Donnie) who are now living in a big tank with a friend of ours down in Mexico. And before them there was 'Centellita' who sadly died from an electric shock thanks to a cheap water-warmer device attached to her bowl. Well, keep Kiyo away from danger so he can become one of those long-lasting friends.
By the way, you made me remember this: http://korovaonline.blogspot.com/2007/03/eat-them-up-yum.html

bereweber said...

hola beto!
yes i've had betta-fish before, actually twice :)
the 1st one was "Sushi" heh heh who died a while ago, after him "Yoshi" arrive, but died too! both at my older apartment, Sushi died 'cause was too old, but I am sure Yoshi died out of being stared out for too long by my roommate's cat...

oh your tortugas, nice! they are 'chilangas' still heh, and those live long
and ha! how ironic that poor "Centellita" with that name, died of electric shock, how sad :(

a ver a ver ese link...

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bere, so you got a fish, huh. It is a quite unique fish.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Bere, I just checked the library at UCSD if they have Haru no Yuki, "Spring Snow" in Japanese because they have tons of Japanese books in Japanese. It says "MISSING"!!!!! Buuuu I wanted to read it in Japanese. Sucks.