Wednesday, February 21, 2007

& 10 minutos 35 segundos de La Ciudad de México

a great short visual documentary on México City



with a nice musical selection for soundtrack
thanks to roddelcampo from youtube for this work
and yes México City feels like this many times...
Beto?

I lived there 32 years out of 37, I haven't been back since 2001
this short film style is very similar to the Qatsi Trilogy
all with music by Philip Glass

life-changing films!
please watch, as mr. monk would say
you'll thank me later...

4 comments:

alberto centurion basso said...

Poetic... good edition... what a city...
I remember those days when in metro to school it was... Regla T bajo el brazo y media hora de atrazo...
Jajaja! Hasta rimas hago ya!

arolu said...

Good music. I liked it. I thought you posted something like this LONG LONG time ago, didn't you? The music was similar to that one. By the way, I dropped pinche Biochem so I had time to see this. :-)

the thilo said...

Yes, bere, very good.
I like your big town a lot!

bereweber said...

beto, me encantó la rima, si! verso sin esfuerzo :) eso de la regla T me suena tan familiar, pero sobretodo lo del "atrazo", por aca, igual que en México, tengo fama de "flake" heh heh

lisa, yes! i think i sent you before the movie on an e-mail... i am glad that you dropped your class! that way you can take more advantage of your other classes, remember there's not too much pressure in life, i've been learning that the hard way, the older I get, the more patience I get too... these days i am just waiting for my last days, ha!

and herr Thilo, i am very glad you watched the little movie and that you like the BIG town, i hope one day i can take you to that gigantic city with your amazing camera :)