Thursday, October 19, 2006

no work

before 9am
i called sick
to my office
i've been saving my vacation time
for next spring
but i just can't make it today
my belly hurts
and i am just exhausted

what sucks about my office
is that the first day you call in-sick
has to be taken from your vacation time
the second sick day is taken from your sick time

so you can't use your sick time
unless you take one day out of vacation
so here goes one day less of vacation
but one day more of longer use of my bed
and my TV and books

back to watch the inside of my eyelids and rest

have a good day, rest of the world
i turn my back today and zzz instead

4 comments:

alberto centurion basso said...

enjoy the solitude of your own self... some tea, some pie, good reading, good music, no hurries nor worries... and the best thing is that tomorrow is friday!

the thilo said...

Have a wonderful time, bere!
Wish you well! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bere. You feel sick today, huh. I hope you are O.K. I just finished my last mid-term today. Finally I can relax for a while. I will have three mid terms again in a month or so. I haven't rested much for last two weeks. I was in school from 7am to 9pm , weekday and weekend. I am so tired..... I hope to see you soon.

Ruchi Bhatia said...

hmmmm...sick n poetic...