Friday, June 03, 2011

me and death

i try to forget about her
but she keeps on appearing, everywhere

there's a small young possum dead
trapped under my back door
half body in, half body out
but completely dead

and my neighbor's cat...
and this mysterious pain in my breast

when i breath
when i care
when, for the cats, i search

i keep on being reminded
of how fragile life is
and of the constant menace
she is, always

'cause where there's life
and there's hope
she likes to lurk
to ensnare!

i wish i could
about her, forget
but as soon as i misrecollect her
she comes forth again!

she's a constant threat

please please
oh death!
do go away
i'd like to breath
i'd like to forget

5 comments:

D.I. Felipe González said...

Ni modo Bere.
Morirse es también parte importante del ciclo de la vida (nomás que no hay que morirse antes de tiempo).

Saludos y ánimo, que todavía nos queda mucho kilometraje por delante.

the thilo said...

Oh Frau Bere,
please don't think of death!

Better times will come...

Take a time at Ocean beach every day!

A big hug from a faithful friend! :)

Thilolito

bereweber said...

hola don Felipe

hallo Herr Thilo

muchas gracias for your comments! and not to worry, don't think i am too overwhelmed by death, thank God i am still breathing... is just that i like to write in my blog dark thoughts, along with the nice ones too!

and btw, the darn possum was gone the next morning! i am not sure if he was only "playing possum" aka playing dead so Herr Gato and me wouldn't mess with him, or if he was really dead and became a larger animal dinner... in any case, I am here at work, busy and alive ;)

thank you very much for visiting though!

Smorg said...

Hola Bere! :o)
Death pops up in my head sometimes, too. I just ascribe to him the cello part in Schubert's D minor string quartet (Death and the Maiden), then I find him a rather good company worthy of the 'replay' button. ;oD

Good shot of downtown from Coronado! I see you were at the ferry landing, ay? I like to walk a bit north of there to where the lawn ends... I wonder if one can hear the music from there when the SD Symphony is doing its Summer Pops concert at Embarcadero Marina Park - South...

Hope your week is going well! :oD Say Meow-lo to the lovely gatos, too!

vic said...

death is comes as a change in life ,life is only a smal fraction of time in eternity,eternity it's all that you've done in life and people remember it...........i dreamed,i dream(sy)