Thursday, July 29, 2010

the strange case of the stolen palm

when my mom was visiting we decided
to get some plants to cover my window to the alley
from the summer heat, not has been hot at all this summer
we set a table and got two big palms from Home Depot
i water them every other day and they are my friends
later i got two hanging plants

as last night, there were 2 palms,
this morning, only one is left

last night, i heard noises by my window
when i looked through, i saw a person with my plan
on the back seat of her/his car!!!

i yelled, what the heck??? you are stealing my plant!
they backed up down the alley, dropping all the trash cans there

they stole my plant and i think a bin trash container too

who would steal a plant? it was heavy too
and yes, they only left the little plate behind



tonight i tied the palm left with a cord to the window

my best friend said to me tonight
the strangest things happen to you
and i said, i know... and i barely do nothing
i don't go out much, i am always lazy at home
but trouble seems to know my name.... and address...
and telephone, and he said, yes, and it has your
e-mail address too

7 comments:

Georg said...

Hola Berenice,

"Trouble seems to know my name"? Don't agree with that. You are just living and as long as you do this things will happen to you.

Forget it, buy another plant, wish them the pox, the bad eye, make a poster "Don't steal my palm trees - I need them".

Some years ago when I was still living in Neuilly-Sur-Seine, the richest town in France, I was cycling through the Bois de Boulogne, very early in the morning. There I saw a woman having parked her big car digging out municipal plants and flowers.
Well, I insulted her as good as I could and told her, amongst other things, that she was human offal and should be transformed into compost for flower beds. I felt really well.

Georg

the thilo said...

Autsch!
Was the gate not closed?

I had forgotten to close the window in my car and someone snipped a glowing cigarette on the passengerseat... :(
There are freaks everywhere.

Good vibrations from Bielefeld!!! :)

Smorg said...

Hola Bere,
Ugghh. What will people steal next, ay? A palm tree, for Pete's sake!!! :o(

Sorry you and your mom had to experience that, matie. But it sort of makes us appreciate people who behave normally and decently better, I guess. Perhaps you should get one of those realistic looking plastic rattlesnakes to wrap around the other palm tree.... Just in case. ;o)

bereweber said...

hola my dear friends Herr Georg, Herr Thilolito, and mister Smorg

Herr Georg, that story on the wealthy woman stealing plants is awful, sooo glad you told her her truths!! good for you!

Herr Thilolito, these plants were NOT locked, there are pretty much on the street, so of course everybody can take them, but then again it's obvious that they are mine!! i know people think it's stupid to leave plants on the street, BUT i need them HERE to give me shade, inside they won't work for me, anyway, i got another little tree and tied it with cord to my window, if they want to steal it they can, but it will take them longer ;)

ahhhh mister Smorg, love the idea of the plastic rattlesnake!! ha ha, so funny gonna get me some... also, i have sooo many skunks and possums around my home, i was thinking last night, i should leave food for them by the plants that way at night NOBODY will mess with them! he heh

alberto centurion basso said...

Oh-ooooh!! When I first read about the stolen palm some days ago, for some reason I thought you meant the hand held device and of course I thought on making a smart-ass comment like 'it's the perfect opportunity to get an iphone', but I guess wasn't very applicable...

strange things indeed, that's what is so fantastic about you... oh, and he/she may be reading your blog as well... haha!

bereweber said...

LOL Don Betiur, that' so great & funny that your high-tech mind read "palm" and thought "palm device"... you should know by now that i am much more low key than that ;) i do want an iPhone though... but the monthly maintenance is too expensive!... so instead i am gonna buy me some more palms, the ones that go buried on dirt ;)

and YES, i am sure that he/she/it trouble is reading my blog too, and has befriended me in Facebook and follows me on Twitter too, it's a high-tech trouble, like you ;) ha ha

Διάττων said...

Strange things, dear Berenice, real strange! Everything can happen nowadays. And that's dangerous! For all, i dare say. In this case we need 2 things. Good friends around us and good luck!