Wednesday, August 19, 2009

tv & kitchen piece


TV watching


kitchen piece

i haven't photographed much lately
lack of time and/or
the automatic focus of my dslr broke
{not that i use it all the time, yet is a bit
challenging/strange/frustrating
to work with a known broken apparatus
specially one loves so much...}
so...
uninspiring scenes
and another hundred lame excuses
i hide under my procrastinating sleeve
not to post photographs as often
as before

but the truth is...
42? well, not really
the truth is that i set for myself
higher standards, the latest photos i have on 23
are of stunning sunsets, or skies
and they are stunning not because of my photos
but because they were, regardless of who photographed
so now i feel sort of bad to post silly photos
also the standards of the site have become so high!
almost every photograph is a piece of art
& i feel silly to post less than very good photos...
so, the material i have these days, is from indoor photos
from my dirty kitchen, or my swollen feet
or of cats asleep, and home messes

i haven't been to walk on the beach or the park
or anywhere too interesting for that matter
so i just don't post, until tonight when i thought
enough!!! after all i started posting randomly
unimportant and not very stunning pictures
and i had so much fun with it!
nobody commented on them, so maybe i had more
freedom to post anything no matter
how stupid, blurry, or with low quality it was

so tonight here, not on 23, sadly
and 'cause i don't have 4 photos in a row
as i've been posting always on 23
always at least 4 photos at the time
since the beginning of my posting there
in late 2005
(a bit, or a lot of an obsessive rule
i have NO plans to change...)
therefore gladly here in this ranting
stupidity chronographed
one bad moody picture
or two, from my home scenes
uncompromisingly bad
unresistingly blurry
bad-lighted orange
here we go...
as posted above
{with a very Nike attitude
of just do it...}


ah!! the pleasure, of not having to please no-one!
specially/mainly one-self...

6 comments:

alberto centurion basso said...

I'm a believer of not over thinking nor over pleasing, even though I never tend to accomplish it, but that's how real talent expresses itself...
Good reminder!

bereweber said...

yes mister Ground Control, dunno why, we tend to be our own worst enemy, right? so we have to let creativity flow, some of it might turn out OK at the end after all ;)

Georg said...

Well, I agree with you, these photos are not very interesting. But on the other hand, they give an idea how you live.

What about making some documentary pictures of your full sink and the kind of stuff you cook. Valor, mujer.Bite the bullet, let's have those pics.

Cheers, Berenice, and I hope your feet are better.

Georg

bereweber said...

that's a good idea herr Georg, but to confess you, i feel i have been uninspired with photos 'cause I have NO time to go and photograph great landscapes as before :(
as for my kitchen and the documentary, believe me, i have taken enough! here a sample
http://www.23hq.com/bere/search/display?mode=photos&search_key=D6AF7EB047228A31202F0
so i don't feel is fair for me or the people who read here on 23 to show them more of my dirty kitchen!!

i can't wait to retire, in another 20 or 30 years, and then, i'll have time to photograph it ALL :D ha ha

thanks herr Georg!

Georg said...

Hola Berenice,

Had a look at that 23 URL but it doen't work. I landed at an Italian
photographer. But then I clicked on Bere and saw the first 4 pages of photos. Many are a pleasure to look at.

Very funny that "church" Jesus Saves" or is this a joke? I mean this building looks more like a prison.

Georg

bereweber said...

ah herr Georg, too bad my link didn't work, but hey! you can peruse around now that you know where my pix are, glad you are watching :)

as for the Jesus Saves sign, ah! i took that photo in Los Angeles, and i am as lost as you, not sure if it was a church or what, the sign is actually on the 'back' of the building, LA is a cool and sometimes very confusing city

glad you are looking around the photos on 23 though

@ dear Ground Control aka Beto, i got your friend request on Facebook, but i haven't had a chance to log in there!! hopefully tomorrow from home

have a lovely weekend both