Tuesday, April 14, 2009

40

so today as 12:18pm (PST)
i am 40

aged... yet my mind-core essence
still feels the same as when i was 12
i still like mysteries, as i did back then
i basically feel the same girl
[only much older]
when i was a girl
i used to read Sherlock Holmes all the time,
now i read Barnes, and Murakami;
and life seems to have changed
yet are the books, and the fragrances of life,
somehow, still the same
friends have different faces
but feels warm to hug them, the same

lovely is to be alive at 40!
but as i told my mother yesterday
"i am not quite sure i will make it to 80,
then, i am today, starting the 2nd half
of this my lifetime"


'fresh'(?) from this morning my crow's-feet

and for 40 years now
i've been rather enjoying myself
sometimes in spite
of maladies, some aches of the hearth,
and nowadays sudden old-lady's pains

glad i made it this far
and thankful for another year of life
hope more to come
to watch clouds, and to feel the sun
and the rain, and
to see smiles, share stories with friends
and hug the loved ones
take pictures, write silly notes
and pet furry friends

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Bere! Sorry that we couldn't make it to your birthday party on the weekend. :-( I wish your 40th year of your life become wonderful one!! Hope to see you soon.

Smorg said...

Hola Berenice,
Happy belated B-Day! :o) If I manage to look as good as you do when I get to 40 I'd be extremely pleased indeed. Toasting ya' a late BDay cup of cransberry-tea from just beyond Petco Park and hope you're having a splendid week!

Cheerio,
Smorg :o)

bereweber said...

hola dear Lisa and mister Smorg

thank you! for your kind words and congratulations, the 40 seem to hurt today, so tired and sleepy ;)

and mister Smorg with this windy chilly day that cranberry tea sounds delightful, hope you enjoy!

gonna have to make myself a tea now

take care and long life to you both too :)

Georg said...

Hallo Berenice,

This is a bit late, my dear, but I have been absent from the premises.

So, please let us give you our heartiest congratulations for this important birthday. It won't happen again, not in this life. But there will be 41, 42, 43 and tutti quanti and I am sure you'll be able to weather those nicely.

Georg + Elisabeth

Georg said...

Very lovely your photo with your eye. I tried to enlarge the eye to see what is reflected there - besides your soul - but did not come to a conclusion. Your window?

Georg

bereweber said...

ah Vielen Dank herr Georg und Merci beaucoup to Elisabeth for your words and good wishes!

when is your birthday? and Elisabeths?

haben Sie ein schönes Wochenende!