Tuesday, June 12, 2007

words

Arrive home early
Turn on TV
News

Words

Pain, anxiety, murder, chaos, war

Strange how all these are just words
And strange how encapsulated seem to be the feelings they seems to represent
Maybe it is the format
Those 3-minute quick notes from the press
3 minutes they have to depict a family’s tragedy
or the agony of a whole nation…

They (the news on TV, everywhere for that matter…)
sound so encrypted, so regulated
analyzed for a human fast digestion in the head

And as I think of each of the meaning of those words
I feel as I almost can’t take it

Pain, just 4 letters
To express all that it involves
Remember the last time you suffered “pain”?
No matter if physical or emotional
Of the body or the soul or the brain
But…
It didn’t feel like something you could encapsulate in 4 letters, right?
It probably felt like an empty endless hole
Or like an overwhelming sensation that sometimes doesn’t let you breath
But nothing like just 4 lettered feeling

Anyway
We human have these entities, the words
And as mister monk would said…
They are a blessing, they are a curse

One of my favorite authors of all times
Argentinean Julio Cortázar used to call them
Perras Negras – black bitches
That jump along a page

So I leave mine here today
Just more words
humanly encapsulated resources
to express to you
my feeling about them

---

i started my 5 day detox diet
i haven't eat any solids today...

4 comments:

magnus said...

wishing you the best for these 5 days!

bereweber said...

oh gracias magnus!
hope i can make it with this little liquid diet, so far OK :)

Anonymous said...

Word is very interesting. You mentioned the word "Black" here. I am sometimes wonder if people use the word of black as a bad thing or negative. You know I am relatively dark as Japanese and often people make fun of me or used to when I was a child because I am darker/black. What does black indicate? Interesting...

bereweber said...

I think on Western culture the color "black" is more related to 'dark' events, like death (we wear black while we grief) and to just yes Lisa, more negative than positive for sure...

yet, I think Julio Cortázar here was just referring to how black letters look against the white paper... just because usually paper is white and ink or types are black... I don't think he really was talking about the connotation of the color itself

he actually said: black bitches jumping... you know? like a letter looks when you type it or write it against a white surface...

yes Lisa, words are wonderful tools, a close translation of our feelings and thoughts :)