Thursday, October 05, 2006

pingu

lovely clay animation for young kids made in Switzerland
i used to watch these Pingu Episodes in Mexican TV, in Canal 11
the only decent TV channel in Mexico City

This is a nice episode: Pingu builds an Igloo
Althought it is missing Pingu's best friend Robbie the seal
I still enjoy them, even if I have been out of preschool for a while now

One thing that made these clay-cartoons so popular was the fact that they don't speak any specific language, but they communicate on "Penguinese"...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bere, oh my gosh, Pingu is one of favorite show and I used to watch it when I was in Japan. Somehow they used to show it once a week at 6:30am. It was so early. There is one episode, which is my favorite that Pingu make a toilet bowl and pee. It is funny and cute. My other favorite anime is Vickie El Vikingo in Spanish. http://www.tivi.de/fernsehen/wickie/start/
I love this anime. It must be a German one. I am not sure though.

the thilo said...

Now i'm hungry for fish. :)
Wickie is originally a chidren's book from sweden. The author is Runer Jonsson...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicky_the_Viking