Wednesday, May 17, 2006

There is nothing so unnatural as the commonplace: Project Gutenberg


an excellent literary resource on the World Wide Web Project Gutenberg, on downtimes I have read at least 2 chapters of Life And Adventures Of Martin Chuzzlewit. I recommend you to recover the taste for the charming style, the observer's passion, the fascination of logic, of all times dearest Sherlock Holmes, my adolescence and life would have been very different without Sir Arthur Conan Doyle around (suspicious smile...)

Project Gutenberg features on its front page as today
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

once you are there don't forget to check their Music, recorded section

3 comments:

Clare said...

Thanks for these Sherlock Holmes links, and it's nice to see an ACD enthusiast. When I was little, I adored these stories, and grew up somewhat in love with Sherlock Holmes in all his brilliance and somewhat dark eccentricity. Have you seen the old Basil Rathbone films from the thirties...? They're fantastic!

Some time ago,you left a lovely comment on my blog, and I realise that I didn't respond to it at the time, so I just want to say how I appreciated your words, and I love reading your blog!

clare

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»