Monday, February 08, 2021

American Dirt Controversy

I am halfway done with American Dirt and I think it is well researched, sure, there is a gringo vibe to it, but I sort of expected it...

I had NO idea how bad was the backlash, the author had to cancel the book tour!

A lot of blame goes to the publishers more than to the author really.

GBH News

Al Jazeera The Stream <- this one is feisty!

The Book Doctors (drives you crazy with the two 'doctors' speaking at once, but good points)

Oprah getting it!

American-Dirt-Frau-Kitty
Is Frau Kitty trying to censor the book too?

And I actually started with the author at Politics and Prose, a great YouTube channel, this is Jeanine Cummins herself on the book, her other books, etc.

I feel bad for the Latinx authors, but also for Jeanine Cummins! I think she really cares for immigrants, her webpage has resources to help them, and sadly, maybe the story had to be taken by a white lady to get more attention... so much to consider, but I am enjoying the book and of course will finish it!


No comments: